Well he has arrived! It was a long drive home, 5 hrs if you count the 45 min or so we took for supper. He is absolutely beautiful, about 8 maybe 10 lbs all ready and ears that drag the ground when he walks. He steps on them often, especially when going down the doggy ramp that we built last year for my little Pekes. This picture is of him "body slamming" son #2's toy!
He threw up 3 times on the trip home, peed on his blanket a few times, (not sure how many, just going by the smell factor), and pooped in the back of our Jimmy when we went into the restaurant for supper. He nicely stepped on the poop numerous times and squished it into the treads of the floor mat good enough that we just threw the mat away at the truck stop restaurant. No Biggie!! He didn't cry too much and no major howling either, he was a trooper. By the time we got home it was about midnight, or maybe half past 12, so I let him play and sniff around for about half an hour and then put him to bed in his crate. He only cried for a minute or two then went off to "dream land". He woke at 7 am or so and I took him out for a pee, he went right away, and also peed on my pj's as I carried him to the door. He did well all day.
I fed him at about 7:30, he ate a chicken thigh, I cut the meat into strips so that he would still have to chew. He chewed all the meat off of the bone, but was unable to eat the bone so I took it from him and tossed it in the trash. He was a hungry little guy, no wonder though considering he puked up all of the day before food. We did our groceries in the afternoon and bought a beef heart and some chicken wings, as I was unable to find backs or necks at 2 different grocery stores. He likes the chicken wings very much and wolfs them down without complaints, as well with the beef heart. I gave him about 1/2 a cup of "Wellness" about 1/2 an hour before bed. Remembering that raw meat takes about 5 hours to digest, and kibble takes about 10 hours to digest so basically he should and has been pooping shortly after every meal! It just the previous meal that hes pooping out. His ears and fave has gone from black to quite brown and I have a feeling that his whole head and ears will be brown by the time summer fully hits.
He likes to chew, nap, eat and cuddle (has long as he can stretch out a bit). He doesn't seem to like, car rides, his crate, the bathroom, or being carried. He still startles rather easy, he lived in a quieter house with his puppy siblings and his mommy, he pees a little when you reach down to pick him up, but all should even out in the next week or so as he gets more, and more used to us. He gets the hiccups often, its pretty cute, the breeder told me that his mom got the hiccups often as a puppy as well so not to be surprised if he gets them. He REALLY loves the back deck, he has been laying out there as I type, in and out the dog door, and chewed a little fuzzy frayed spot in the middle of the rug on my back deck, that I will now have to go cut off or it will soon be a BIG frayed hole in the middle of the rug. He is quite a funny little guy, attracts attention to himself all the time. He has all ready learned that his name is Hoover, when I want him to come, I really stretch out the ou sound in the middle, and he just comes a running!!!! Hooooooooooover! Silly little boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment