"My windows aren't all smeared and dirty, thats Basset nose art"!! A friend posted that on face book tonight, I thought that it was too cute not to share. Well I am quickly discovering that the weekends are just way too short, I think that the work week should only be 4 days and we should have 3 day weekends all year round! But I really shouldn't complain I only have a few more days left of work then SUMMER HOLIDAYS here I come!!! I have so much to do this weekend. With not near enough time to get it all done.
So, Hoover likes to dig, A LOT. He has dug so many holes all over in the dog kennel its crazy! I caught him digging the other day and video taped it cause he is just way too cute to not film. I don't mind the digging, it is the dogs yard after all. We don't hang around in there, or play games, only in there when were playing with the dogs and we are all ready on the look out for basset "land mines" so holes are just another thing to slow us down.... He has started digging though where the other dogs are buried so this weekend I am going out to get a little fence and some kind of a stepping stone and flowers to plant where they are buried. The fence can go around the marker to keep the Hoover OUT!!!
Over the past many months Hoover has mastered the fly by and grab technique. I have seen him use it against Pebbles out in the kennel, he runs by grabbing her tail and spinning her around in a circle all the while not slowing down a bit. It is rather entertaining, as she is not nearly fast enough to bite him before he is long gone. He has also used this technique to steal freshly folded socks from the laundry basket. The bigger the socks the better it seems, he really doesn't seem nearly as fond of the boys smaller socks as his fetish for Daddy's rather large ones. then he "basset 500's" through the house so no one can grab him. He stops for what only feels like a millisecond, pulls the 2 socks apart then runs again with just one. Crazy hounds. As I sit here I can see 2 pair that he stole as I was sitting folding laundry. All 4 of them looking rather "dead" on the floor a few feet apart from each other, bellies up!
Well I should head off to bed, I have to work again tomorrow, then have a little gathering to attend in the evening. Thursday is my last day of work, YIPPEE!! I am so looking forward to some quality kid, hound, and garden time. My boys seem to be growing so fast, and I know that only in a matter of a few years the last thing that they are gonna want to do is hang with Mom all summer. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment