Friday, July 17, 2009

Busy times


Been so busy with everything around here lately, never had time to even put in this weeks recipe. Got my lawns all cut, garden all tended including trying something brand new to me, as I put plastic around my pumpkins and squash.

All of the 3 stooges are doing well, Hoover is pushing an upside down dog dish all around the floor as I type, making quite the racket (I might add). Pebbles lays on the floor beside me and the outside door, growling almost non stop at the "Hoovster" cause he is encroaching on her territory. The old Corky is off in dreamy dream land in his bed. Hoover is growing like crazy still and eating us out of house and home, making me more glad again that hubby only let me get 1 pup at a time. I finally went out last weekend and got a case of turkey necks for the little critter. I paid $11.99 for 11 or 12 lbs of necks and he eats one for breakfast each day. When I counted them out and froze them into week supplies I got three bags of 7 and 3 more days worth. Not too bad of a deal as far as I am concerned, and to top it all off he absolutely LOVES them, it is also forcing him to slow down his eating and chew which is really good for his teeth.

Hoover is still peeing in the house often, and by often i mean a few times a day no matter what the weather is, but hasn't pooped in the house now for a few weeks I believe. He cracks me up still often with his weird little quirks. Like he keeps bringing in rotten pieces of wood, old bones, and even a rag that was buried in the yard. We are in the process of building a new wood shed in the dog yard, we tore down the old one two weeks ago and that is why he keeps finding more disgusting things to bring into the house.

My other exciting news is that all ready my little baby boy is growing up into a big boy. He lost his two top center little teeth last week, and the two bottom little ones on Sunday. The new strong white teeth are all ready in place of the ones lost and are getting bigger every day. I feel like he is growing up so fast and that makes me sad but all at the same time I wont miss his picky little shark teeth a single bit. I have all ready had some t shirts and socks (all belonging to my boys) fall victim to these shark teeth of his.

Canada day was quietly celebrated with hubby off of work for the day and we worked all day tearing down the wood shed. Hoover was in the way pretty much all day, but he seriously thought that he was helping out, as always. Last Sunday we finally buried my dear sweet Oscar, it was a sad and rainy day all day, I found the weather seemed to fit the day. My wonderful father in law came out and helped hubby dig the hole. He was buried with his "safety" bandanna on and with his favourite stuffy. A large pink pig that I mended more times than I can count. But he still loved it.

All has settled around me now, as Hoover is sleeping on his pillow, and Pebbles is now sawing logs beside us. Its time for me to close as my boys are in the tub and are ready to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment