Have you thought about your passion, did you share it with a friend? Did you ask your friend, sister, or co worker about what they are passionate about? I hope so, because to kind of continue on from last weeks story about passion, this week I would like to talk about talent. All people are blessed with some kind of a talent. They might not all seem as valuable as the other in some peoples eyes, but none the less a talent is a talent, and all are important to those "producing" the work.
There are many talents to choose from, or be blessed with, if you want to put it that way. I have the gift of gab, and the gift of baking. I couldn't carry a tune for nothing, although that surely doesn't stop me from singing, all the time. I can't paint a picture, skate backwards, juggle, or even cut my boys hair. Unless they are down with a cue ball or mo-hawk, I've got those down!! I can write an ok little poem, but will not be writing the New York times best seller novel or book of poems any time in this lifetime. I have not been given an amazing ability to heal people, or read minds, or feed starving children. I have been blessed enough to be a good wife, and mother, and am not embarrassed to say that I can't knit, cook rice, or successfully clean a window without leaving a bunch of streaks.
Lucky for me however I have been blessed with many talented people in my life, through friends, (new and old), family, (young and old) and acquaintances. Generally when a need arises I know that we usually know somebody to call who has the skills to get the job done. Whether it is needing a wedding singer, getting a vehicle repaired, work done around the house, or that special gift, for someone special. I even have a family member with a blog as well that I follow, makes me happy to sit and read her latest on a weekly basis.
So with that, today I have compiled a list of all the amazing and talented people around me and all the amazing and talented things that they do. I am sorry if I missed any of you, just comment and I will add you. I am NOT putting these in any particular order, so don't make assumptions. I hope that you will enjoy some of these sites as much as I do.
1. At this site you will be informed about the old style engines, and a love, for...... well, collecting! http://deansengineshitnmiss.weebly.com/index.html
2. This is a blog that I follow, although she is on hiatus for the winter months, stop by, have a read, make a comment and watch for something new in the spring again!
http://mammyoaklee.wordpress.com/
3. Here, you will find some of the most beautiful hand painted personal and unique gifts. No matter it a wedding, new baby, Christmas, or just wanting that special something!
http://www.serendipity-crafts.com/
4. Are you getting married, or hosting an event? Here is the company you want to do sound for your live band! "It's not about the volume, it's about the clarity!
" http://www.facebook.com/pages/Audio-Xpressions/172010892812738?sk=wall
5. How about supporting a great cause and eating great? Cookbook for rescue is a cookbook put together by a few hard working people, with recipes from a large group of basset lovers., all the profits will be going right into basset rescue. Life doesn't get any better than that!! http://www.cookbookforrescue.com/
7. Another great artist, send this guy a picture of you pet, or something special and he will turn it into a master piece! Yes of course he paints a lot of bassets!
http://www.daviddowbyhuz.com/index-2.html
8. How about a t-shirt, greeting cards, or doggie treats?? Here is where to shop for something special for yourself, your friends, and your best waggy friend!
http://arooooo.com/Home_Page.html
LOL! Well what a surprise I found here!!! Thanks a lot for the plug :)
ReplyDeleteNow I have a surprise for you... I guess my "season" was shorter than expected, because I'm coming back early Nov.!! All-be-it, I'm not sure if I'll be putting out so many a month this go round...I guess we'll have to wait and see. BTW: you have another talent, you know how to put a smile on someone else's face. And that, I consider a gift ;)