Wow, even the bassets are getting eaten out there! The mosquitoes are amazing outside my back door. I was out in my garden this afternoon for a few hours and I thought that they were going to carry me away. I don't think that those chickens are helping get rid of any either, they don't make them any worse, but they certainly dont seem to be eating any. I put all my chickens out this morning, even all my white chicks. The bassets like to sneak half way down the dog kennel then dash to the fence to chase the chickens away, they can't get to them. All are safe in their own pen. But the bassets sure do enjoy the thrill of the chase, especially Odie. He isn't too graceful about it, nor is his sneaking quiet. I also must face the fact that if he were ever starving he would never be able to catch some food to eat. He would most likely starve to death long before he could catch and kill another animal. Perhaps, if he got lucky, he could sniff his way to someones barbecue..... That sounds much more likely because he can be in a dead sleep and us get out the tiniest snack and there he is bumming. So he might not starve to death after all.
We plan on moving the chicken house next weekend. That will be good, they will be a little farther from the houses, and have a nicer and bigger yard. They are a little hard on my back lawn. It will be nice having them out in their own pen, where they can scratch and dig all that they want. I have a hen setting on eggs right now. They are supposed to hatch on Tuesday, I hope that all 4 hatch. This hen is a very good Mamma.
Well I have plenty to do, and more yet after that, so I should get going, the hubby has been sick all weekend and I have had plenty of yard work to do that I am doing all on my own. But the house work has suffered a little due to it. I prefer outdoor stuff to indoor work any day. Was hoping that the hubby of mine might pick up the vacuum and at least suck up all the dog hairs. But....... No such luck there today.
No comments:
Post a Comment