Monday, July 19, 2010

A Week For The Books.......

Well it was a very busy week. Hubby was off all week working on his truck, its coming along rather nicely, and he left again back on the highway last night. He still has more than a few hours of work to do before it is finished. But with me not working all summer its not a big deal to be down to only one vehicle. Also because I can drop him off and pick him up at the garage as its only a few minutes from home.

Well my female duck died this week. I don't know what happened to her, they all took off last Saturday, as in a week ago plus 2 days. They were gone for hours and when they came back their crops were very full and they didn't look well at all. I didn't figure that any of them would even last the night, so I wasn't surprised at all to find her dead. The downfall is that was my only female. So now I am on a mission to perhaps get a few more, my brother lives near the town that they came from and I am hoping that he might be coming for a visit soon and I can get him to pick me up a few more. Likely 3 more and have 5.

The dogs are doing really well. It seems as though Hoover is loosing weight since Odie arrived, and that Odie is gaining weight. So I have cut back Odies food, and upped Hoovers, but it seems like poor Odie is always acting hungry. He will get into anything anytime looking for something to eat. The rascal did something horrible to me last week. I made a Texas sheet cake on Tuesday maybe. It turned out OK, considering I had never made one before and I only bake from scratch. I had a piece, brought a few pieces to a girlfriends place when I went for coffee, brought a few pieces to the guys that I get my shavings from for my ducks. The boys both had a couple of pieces. Hubby had none, neither did my father in law, who was helping out on the truck. :( Well I took the cake down from on top of the fridge and cut myself a small piece, went outside not even thinking. I came in a few minutes later to the cake pan on the floor and Odie right in it, with the rest of the cake missing. Now for those of you who don't know what a Texas Sheet Cake is, its is like a brownie. That bad dog ate half of a 15x10 pan of brownie. He was covered in cake everywhere, I am lucky that the glass pan never broke when it fell to the floor, or that it didn't land on Hoovers head. Hoover never ate any of it, I checked his teeth and everything. He doesn't really have a sweet tooth, thank goodness. Odie was spun out for about a whole day, and all that night. He couldn't stop barking for about 12 hours after, couldn't sleep, or even sit still for that matter. CRAZY!!! I would like to say lesson learned, but I am sure that over the next year there will be more things stolen from the table.

Gee, ya a fun week it was.......

Today's pic is of the boys napping on the little bench in front of one of the sun room windows. The just had a good wrestle and Odie just had the novelty of licking out the empty peanut butter container.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your duck. Hopefully you will get some new ones.

    Odie sounds like my ex-husband's basset Fred. He always stole stuff. He once ate a large pizza with jalapenos on it. Didn't faze him at all LOL.

    You might want to add greenbeans to Odie's food. It is a good filler and might help him feel a bit fuller :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne, I just might try the green bean tip. It scared me walking in and seeing him in the pan and it was pretty much empty....

    ReplyDelete