Friday, June 4, 2010

Just jabbin

Long week, so glad that its done. I have to work tomorrow as well, and am thinking about bringing Hoover with me for the day. I can tie him up outside or even bring him with me around the place. Not too sure yet, am likely to leave him at home with hubby and my boys. He is still way to naughty to be left in the house loose, he will chew up anything that he can reach. Once a few months ago I was woke up early in the morning, about 5 am to the sound of my computer printer. Crawling out of bed, there he was up ON TOP of my computer desk, pushing buttons with his nose I guess, photocopying pictures, lol. He will still take every opportunity to get into things if hes not supervised. It almost seems like he enjoys them more when they are placed up higher out of what is supposed to be his reach. Rolls of toilet paper and boxes of tissues fall victim to "The Hoovester" every week. Ugh.
So he is either locked outside in the dog kennel while chores are being done, or locked in the house in his cage. We are trying to slowly let him have "free reign" of the house alone, well Pebbles is always with him. He was alone today for about an hour with the dog door open for him to be able to go in and out when he so chose. Nothing was destroyed in the house, but however the doors are all shut. So he doesn't have access to the bedrooms, or bathroom (which seems to be his favourite). I always congratulate him on his valiant effort at being a well behaved boy.
He sure did shed bad this spring, every day I would vacuum up large tumble weeds of Hoover hair out from under the couch and other places where the hair tends to gather. So I finally got fed up and bathed him. (Now you should know that I don't bath my dogs, only very seldom, and they do not have that gross doggy smell, and they also don't look grubby either). Well he did rather well in the tub, only jumped out once when he was all soapy and slimy. He looked so pretty after he dried, and the hair just flew out of him for about a week. Now the shedding has pretty much stopped. Thank goodness. It was also only like 2 days till he went and rolled in something gross out in the back yard. HOUNDS!!! I'm tellin ya!!
Well I had better scoot, got lots to do and my supper is almost cooked. I will do my best to post a recipe at some point this weekend..... Have a good one all, enjoy your houndies, and don't slip and fall in a puddle of drool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment