Friday, May 28, 2010

Been way too long.......




Well I must first begin with apologising for not writing for so long. They say that it takes 21 days to make or break a habit, and when I went back to work last fall I just fell out of the habit and it was just never really thought of to get back to it. I have no excuse really but I shall carry on and begin writing again.


Well to think of what all has happened in the last MANY months since I have written. Hoover was neutered last November, he was a trooper, did really well, I had him micro chipped at the same time as well. He was a whopping 58 pounds at that time. He has since grown but has thinned out a little. He is coming along rather nicely as a well mannered boy. He sits when told, gives 5 with either paw, goes to his bed or his cage when told. He does however eat rolls of toilet paper like they are going out of style if he can reach them, even going as far as closing the toilet seat lid to get on top to chew a fresh roll. (lol) My hubby bought me a new MP3 player for Christmas, and of course Hoover got onto my computer desk in the middle of the night and chewed that up (may it rest in peace). He most certainly has wrecked his fair share of things.


His birthday of course was on March 20th and he has been behaving much better since then. I'm thinking that it MUST be due to the fact that I had told him daily for weeks prior to his birthday that once he was one year old his puppy days would be behind him and he would then be a BIG BOY.......... My friends think that I am a little crazy with that thought, but he has been behaving much better. Just to let all of you know though, I will most likely NOT EVER get another puppy......... Never have I experienced so much work, even my children as babies weren't that much work. Luckily for us it doesn't last long cause a puppy faze only lasts a year or so and a kid is a good 20 years. But WOW the torture that little hound has put me through. I am surprised that I don't have grey hairs now. I am not sying that I will not get another dog, oh no not at all, I will be getting another basset in the future, but I can guarentee you that it will NOT be a puppy. I think that I will most likely rescue next time, likely a slightly older male.


I work at a greenhouse growing conifer seedlings, its a hard working job, and the type where at the end of the day you just about fall dead in your tracks. I had the thought that this was just more work, but am changing that thought to this can be my way of winding down in the evenings or at the end of a long work week. I will look for a more recent pic of the Hoovester when i finish writing tonight, but to be honest I haven't really taken many of him in the past many months either. My knee healed up rather nicely for those of you who followed early on. It still aches at night sometimes, (well rather often) but doesn't usually require pain meds and it tends to only be on days where I over work it. Health wise, I have been well, so has the rest of my human family, as we are coming into summer currently we are looking forward to swimming and fishing with the hound dog this summer.


Now about the other dogs, Pebbles is doing pretty great I must say, she turned 8 years old on May the 11 th. I am starting to see more and more grey hair in her eyebrows, (my pretty ladybird) she is a little thin, but nearly always has been and likely always will be. Now for Corky, well the poor sweet old man had a pretty good winter, but started to struggle with pain and often had days where he couldn't walk. His 13 th birthday would have been on May the 8th, but we had him put down on April 26th. He was just struggling too much and I was loosing the happy waggy guy we had for all those years. We did what was best and the vet reassured us that when she did a check up on him before hand. He is still missed now, he was such a beautiful dog. We buried him a couple of feet away from where we buried our beloved Oscar. We want to go and buy a Crab Apple tree to plant at his grave, we couldn't find an Oak last year for Oscars grave last summer, so we will likely look for both and plant them on the same day. Each of those trees suit the dogs personality for whom it was chosen, I will take and post pics when we plant the trees.
Well I am thinking thats it for me tonight, I am hoping that the followers that I saw on here are still checking in from time to time and/or will come back to me and arent lost forever. So to who ever is reading this, THANK YOU!!!! For sticking with me and waiting it out. I have a few more good recipes to share as well so that might help for me to get back on here. Good night all, Hoover and I say sleep well, don't worry I will be back, this felt good to be back on here, feels a little like home again. I have a few stories to share as well, just didnt want to share all at once............. AROOOOOOOO


No comments:

Post a Comment