Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Trip to Emerge

Well I know that this blog was supposed to be about Hoover but I live with 3 dogs, all of them have their ups and downs. So today I am writing about my sweet old Corky. My poor old man poked his eye on the weekend, we are assuming that he got bitten by a black fly on his lower lid and was scratching it with his paw when he opened up an old ulcer on his eye. He went totally blind very fast and his eye turned all white. Now you might think that's not a big deal but sweet Corky lost his left eye as a young guy of about 2 years and cannot afford to loose his right as he will be totally blind. We called the vet and brought him out to her office at 7 pm Saturday evening with our fingers crossed that all would go well for him. His eye was quite swollen when we got him in there and was all white with blood around the coloured part of the eye. So our sweet old man is now on SUPER strength antibiotic eye drops and a pretty hefty pain killer to see what will happen. I am glad to report today that he can now see shadows and is no longer running into things. He still cannot see things put directly in front of his face. But can see things back a foot or more!!!!! Hopefully he will keep on healing as good as he is and that he might get a little more sight back in that eye. I will keep you up on the latest news.
Hoover and Pebbles are both doing well. Hoover got to come with us to 2 birthday parties on Sunday. It was an exciting day and he never threw up in the Jimmy! He is growing so fast, at least 20 lbs now possibly up to 25 lbs. Him and Corky both have appointments on Thursday July 2 I will let you know then how much he weighs, and how the old fart is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment